Suicide is the act of ending your own life. Many people who are suicidal feel that it is a way to escape their pain or suffering. Although it’s not always easy to talk about, it is important for parents to recognize the warning signs in children and seek assistance and supports immediately.
Warning Signs in Children:
- Changes in normal behaviours and usual mood
- Losing interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Difficulty concentrating in school
- Participation in risky behaviours
- Displaying multiple symptoms of depression
- Talking about suicidal thoughts or a plan