The Owen Sound Police Service has begun its recruiting campaign for its volunteer Auxiliary Policing Unit. The application process closes at 12:00 noon on Friday November 15, 2019 and successful candidates will begin their training in February 2020. The Auxiliary Police Unit is a great opportunity for members of our community to participate in making a difference, and can be a great way for young adults to gain job and life experience that may assist in their future career goals.
If you have any questions about the Auxiliary Police Unit, please contact Sergeant Sullivan at (519) 376-1234 ext. 156 or email@example.com or visit our website for further details.
- Attained the age of 19 years as of March 1st, 2020.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Of good moral character and habits.
- Physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position, having regard for his or her own safety and the safety of members of the public. Proof of medical fitness from a licensed medical practitioner is to be submitted prior to commencement of the course with Owen Sound Police Service. Costs to be borne by the applicant.
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Possess current First Aid and CPR Certification by program graduation (March 2020).
- Provide signed consent for Enhanced Police Records Check and Consent for a Criminal Record Check for a Sexual Offence for which a pardon has been granted or issued. Consent forms are provided by Owen Sound Police Service and must be completed when personally submitting resume.
- Successfully complete all interviews, examinations and course.
- Possess valid Ontario Driver’s Licence.
- Willing to commit at least 2 years to the Auxiliary Policing Unit.
Upon acceptance to the program, training will involve approximately 14 evenings (7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.) during weekdays and one full Saturday (8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) over approximately a two-month period. Training will commence in February 2020.
Please direct your resume to the attention of:
Craig S. Ambrose
Chief of Police
Owen Sound Police Service
922 2nd Avenue West,
Owen Sound, Ontario, N4K 4M7
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates being interviewed will be contacted.
The Owen Sound Police Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Legislation, applicant information is collected under the authority of the
Municipal Act and will be used strictly for candidate selection.