COURT CASE MANAGER
The Owen Sound Police Service has a requirement for a Court Case Manager, who will be responsible for the administrative management and co-ordination of all court related matters between the Owen Sound Police Service, Crown Attorney, and court administrative staff. This is a full-time position and involves occasional overtime.
This posting is open to all employees and the public.
To be considered for this position the applicant must;
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- Possess a minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent;
- Must have advanced computer skills, with knowledge of CPIC, NICHE and ICON an asset;
- Have the ability to recognize priorities and work within deadlines
- Experience working within police or court administration an asset
- Experience working with Records Management Systems an asset
- Must be able to meet the requirements for a Special Constable and Commissioner of Oaths including being of good moral character and habits and have no criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted.
- To attend all courts, to assist the Crown Attorney.
- To notify officers of trial dates, subpoena witnesses for trials and to verify witnesses and officers required attendance prior to trial date.
- Delivery of Crown Brief packages to Crown Attorney and Federal Crown through paper submission or the Screening Crown Operations Prepared Electronically (SCOPE).
- To check Crown Briefs to ensure it is complete for submission to the Crown Attorney and obtain criminal records of accused person, statements and officers notes.
- To check release documents and charge sheets, proof reading and swearing informations before submission to the courts.
- To check the court file with the court docket as to completeness for each court date, organize material for court and administration.
- To supply information from the court to the Justice of the Peace regarding information on
Breach of Probation and Recognizance charges.
- To obtain probation orders for records purposes.
- To keep a record of each officer's working schedule as available for the court.
- To update NICHE files on adjournments and on dispositions of completed cases.
- C.P.I.C. removal of all disposed cases and update the Criminal Justice Information
Management (CJIM) system for criminal record completion.
- Record all incoming subpoenas and summons.
- Prepare a Crown Brief package on Fail to Appear for court charges when an accused fails to appear for court.
- To work in co-operation with other police services using the Case Management Office.
- To work in co-operation with Victim Witness Assistance Program (VWAP).
- To be responsible for other duties as directed by the Chief of Police or their designate.
Successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available, upon request, in relation to materials or processes to be used throughout the hiring process.
Please submit your cover letter and resume for this position referencing Job # 2021-PS02 to the undersigned via email no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 19th, 2021 to:
Chief of Police
Owen Sound Police Services
No phone inquiries please. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Owen Sound Police Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation, applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used strictly for candidate selection.