The Owen Sound Police Service has a requirement for a Financial Coordinator, who will be responsible for the administrative management and co-ordination of all finance related matters for the Owen Sound Police Service, such as payroll, budgeting, and accounts receivable and invoicing. This is a part-time position amounting to approximately 24 hours per week.
This posting is open to all employees and the public.
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- A College Diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, or similar discipline is required. Preference given to Accounting designation or significant experience working in a similar accounting role.
- Significant experience in payroll management.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including superior skills using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in working with StaffScheduleCare, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and WorkTech software is considered and asset.
- Experience with business planning, job costing, and profit analysis preferred.
- Have the ability to recognize priorities, work within deadlines, and work well with OSPS employees.
- Be of good moral character and habits and have no criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Responsible for processing payroll on a biweekly basis including posting and balancing full time and part time hours, overtime, and vacations, pursuant to the respective Collective Agreements.
- Responsible for reconciling cash receipts, bank balances and petty cash
- Responsible for invoicing and collecting accounts receivable
- Preparing and posting monthly journal entries
- Responsible for financial reporting and forecasting
- Assist in the development and management of revenue contracts
- Interpret and apply Collective Agreement provisions including allowance, and promotion tracking.
- Assist in the development of annual budgets including liaising with other staff and departments
- Work with other departments and divisions and supporting positive working relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrate a genuine care and concern for the Department, staff and the role within the organization
- Provide complete and accurate financial reports along with supplementary insight into what the information means, including monthly and as requested budget status reports
- Administer financial contracts including Ministry requirements and grant reporting
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check.
Please forward the following documentation to the undersigned via email referencing Job# 2021-PS12 no later than 12:00 noon on Tuesday August 3rd, 2021:
1) Cover letter
Chief of Police
Owen Sound Police Service
922 2nd Avenue West
Owen Sound, Ontario
We thank all those who apply, however only those applicants being interviewed will be contacted.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available, upon request, in relation to materials or processes to be used throughout the hiring process.
The Owen Sound Police Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Legislation, applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used strictly for candidate selection.