The ‘Safe Exchange Zone’ is now open at the police station. The zone is located in the parking lot adjacent to the main door of the station and can be used by people who want a safe place to meet for parental custody transfers and who want a place to assess and purchase goods from unknown persons that they have met online. Citizens can use the ‘Safe Exchange Zone’ twenty-four hours a day, all year long.
The parking lot is clearly marked with signs that face the avenue in front of the police station. The Owen Sound Police Service has enhanced video coverage overlooking the four parking spaces at 922 2nd Avenue West, in Owen Sound. There is one wheel chair /mobility accessible parking space for the public in this safe zone.
These parking spaces can be used as a prearranged meeting point for the following actions:
- Family/Parental meeting place for shared custody transfers
- Reviewing/Signing of documents between persons
- Receiving/Accepting legal documents; or similar instruments of law
- Inspecting/Assessing goods offered for sale, prior to purchase
- Delivering/Receiving goods that have been sold/purchased on-line or by other contract
We continue our commitment to public safety and law enforcement in our city and are pleased to announce that the, ‘Safe Exchange Zone’ will be open for use twenty-four hours per day beginning on Friday August 3, 2018. We ask that you respect the posted time limit in the zone.
If you have any questions, please contact the Owen Sound Police Service at 519-376-1234 or visit our website www. owensoundpolice.ca or follow us on social media @owensoundpolice. #Community Partners