The Owen Sound Police Service has a requirement for a Financial Coordinator, who will be responsible for the administrative management and co-ordination of all finance related matter for the Owen Sound Police Service, such as payroll, budgeting, and account receivable and invoicing. This is a part-time position amounting to approximately 24 hours per week
This posting is open to all employees and the public.
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- A College Diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, or similar discipline is required. Preference given to Accounting designation or significant experience working in a similar accounting role.
- Significant experience in payroll management
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including superior skills using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working with IDT Staff Schedule Care, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and WorkTech software is considered an asset.
- Experience with business planning, job costing, and profit analysis preferred.
- Have the ability to recognize priorities, work within deadlines, and work well with OSPS employees
- Be of good moral character and habits and have no criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Responsible for processing payroll on a biweekly basis including posting and balancing full time and part time hours, overtime, and vacations, pursuant to the respective Collective Agreements.
- Responsible for reconciling cash receipts, bank balances and petty cash.
- Responsible for invoicing and collecting accounts receivable
- Preparing and posting monthly journal entries
- Responsible for financial reporting and forecasting
- Assist in the development and management of revenue contracts
- Interpret and apply Collective Agreement provisions including allowance, and promotion tracking.
- Work with other departments and divisions and support positive working relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrate a genuine care and concern for the Department, staff and the role within the organization
- Provide complete and accurate financial reports along with supplementary insight into what the information means, including monthly and as requested budget status reports
- Administer financial contracts including Ministry requirements and grant reporting
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available, upon request, in relation to materials or processes to be used throughout the hiring process.
Please submit your cover letter and resume for this position referencing Job #2023-PS02 to the undersigned via email no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday, February, 13th, 2023 to:
Chief of Police
Owen Sound Police Services
No phone inquiries please. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Owen Sound Police Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation, applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used strictly for candidate selection.