The Owen Sound Police Service, are seeking to fill the following part time-contract position. This position will be contracted with the successful individual through an independent contractor agreement, which is currently based on 24-30 hours per week, commencing January 19, 2024 to March 31, 2024. This contract position maybe extended through 2024/2025.
The position of Communications/Social Media Consultant is designed to enhance relationships between police and the citizens of Owen Sound, focusing on raising cultural awareness, diversity and safety on line. This position will support the work Owen Sound Police and local community partners have commenced in recent years, with a focus on proactive, upstream communication and education.
To be considered for this position, the applicant must:
- Possess accurate and proficient computer and keyboarding skills and the ability to multitask
- Be of good moral character and habits and have no criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Have excellent interpersonal and strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Comfortable working with community partners, local government, educational institutions and police
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Proven track record using various social media platforms and experience executing public relations campaigns.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience or suitable equivalent related to experience in Corporate, Not-For-Profit, Government communications, marketing, social media (preferred);
- A minimum 2-year post-secondary diploma in communications, marketing or suitable equivalent
Job tasks include but are not limited to:
- Creating a communications database
- Working with community partners to design a social media campaign(s) focusing on community need.
- Uploading content to Owen Sound Police website that focuses on outcomes.
- Help to create a community events strategy with community partners, local government, education institutions and Owen Sound Police.
Successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check. Please submit your resume and cover letter for this position, to the undersigned via email no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, January 15, 2024: ***Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience***
Chief of Police
Owen Sound Police Service
922 2nd Ave West
Owen Sound, Ontario