Skip to main content


Addiction & Detox


New Directions (for Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Problems)

Confidential services are provided at no cost to adults (age 16 years and over) who live in Grey or Bruce counties who are experiencing a problem related to drugs, alcohol or gambling.  Counsellors can offer you an appointment that can provide counselling, support and information. Phone:  (519) 371-1232 or 1(800) 265-3133 

New Directions is staffed by professionally trained people who work with those that are concerned about their use of alcohol, drugs, or about their gambling or someone else’s use of alcohol, drugs, or their gambling.



CHOICES (Drug & Alcohol Counselling For Youth)

CHOICES is a counseling service for youth who are wondering about their own use of alcohol or other drugs or are worried about someone else’s problems with alcohol or other drugs.

What they do:

  • Listen
  • Help you find out how alcohol and other drugs affect your life
  • Help you find other solutions or other things to do
  • Respect your right to make your own decisions and set your own goals
  • Help you talk to your parents
  • Confidential counseling
  • No cost to you

If you think they might help, call to get more information or to schedule an appointment in Owen Sound or at other locations throughout Grey and Bruce counties. Phone: 519-371-5487 or 1-800-265-3133 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  



Grey Bruce Withdrawal Management Services (Detox)

The Grey Bruce Withdrawal Management Services (WMS) provide a safe place for men and women to withdraw from alcohol or other drugs at no cost to them.  Anyone under the influence of, or in withdrawal from, alcohol or other drugs may attend. A person may come on their own, or be referred by any service or person.  Their goal is to help clients adjust to life without alcohol or other drugs, make a decision to change their lifestyle, become aware of problems that result from using alcohol and/or other drugs and contact other sources of help.  Phone: 519-376-5666.